This Friday, I went off another recipe from Skinny Taste, this time for “Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.” As usual, I made a lot of changes.
Bee’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1 lb ground chicken
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
1/8 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp sesame oil
1/8 cup white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 packet Maruchan ramen Oriental seasoning packet (I would have used the garlic, scallions, and the extra sauces from the original recipe, but I forgot to buy them, so I used what I had around the house)
12 romaine lettuce leaves (mine were of varying sizes, which worked out fine)
1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
1 cup match sticked carrots (about 3 small carrots)
1 cup match sticked zuchinni (about 1/2 small zuchinni)
Sriracha sauce as desired (red chili sauce)
1. Combine ground chicken, shitake mushrooms, and celery in a bowl.
2. Begin heating 1-2 Tbsp of sesame oil in your pan (I used a kawali (Filipino wok), but any wok or frying pan should work well) using medium heat.
3. Combine remaining sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and at least half the ramen seasoning packet.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
5. Carefully transfer the chicken mixture to the hot pan (it may pop and sizzle a bit from the moisture).
6. Brown the chicken mixture, incorporating the remaining ramen seasoning and black pepper as it finishes cooking.
7. Serve the chicken and fresh vegetables, allowing people to add the desired amount to their romaine leaf.
8. Add any sauces you enjoy, such as Sriracha sauce.
9. Wrap the leaf around your filling and enjoy!